THE SCORE SHEETThe Monthly Newsletter of Region 39
|Edition 1 - Sept. 23, 2011
2011 AYSO SPRING SOCCER
REGION 39, VENTURA, CALIFORNIA
Registration will be at the AYSO Office, located at 1802 Eastman Avenue, Suite 113. It's in the 2nd driveway past Market.
Registration Dates - There are no pre-printed forms. To save time, pre-register online at eayso.org
- Jan 11, Tue 5:00 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Jan 12, Wed, 5:00 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Jan 18, Tue, 5:00 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Jan 19, Wed, 5:00 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- $40 for returning players who were registered to play in Region 39 during the fall 2010 season.
- $50 for players who were not registered to play in the fall of 2010 with Region 39.
- Note: players who did not play for AYSO Region 39 during the fall of 2010 must bring a copy of the player's birth certificate to the registration (even if they played during previous seasons).
WHAT IS SPRING SOCCER?
Spring Soccer is a fun way to play soccer in addition to the fall season! It's for all age divisions, we will not keep scores or standings, practice is limited to one hour per week (it's not a requirement), and games are played merely to have FUN!
OPEN TO EVERYONE
Spring Soccer is open to everyone born between 7/31/90 and 8/1/05. This includes youngsters who played for AYSO during the 2010 fall season, played for other soccer organizations, or did not play at all.
- All games will be played on Sundays at Balboa Middle School in Ventura.
- Eight games will be played starting on February 27th with the last game on April 17th.
- There will be no games on Easter Sunday, April 24th.
- Depending on the final number of teams, games in Ventura will be played between 10 a.m. & 3 p.m.
- RAINED OUT GAMES WILL NOT BE MADE UP.
MESSAGE FROM YOUR COMMISSIONER
Spring League Registration – We will have four (4) dates for Spring League Registration to be held in January, all on weekday evenings – please see the back of this Score Sheet. Spring League is a non-competitive program that is just for fun. In the past we have had between 750 and 900 children playing. We play on Sundays and start on February 27th and run for 8 weeks, excluding Easter Sunday. Teams are formed based on the registration. Spring League is held at Balboa Middle School. We look forward to seeing you out there.
Also, thank you so much to all the Board Members for all their support during the year and I hope all the children had a fun season filled with wonderful memories.
--Victor Pelaya, Regional Commissioner
Region 39 will conduct its annual meeting on DECEMBER 16th, 2010 at it office at
1802 Eastman Ave., Ste 113, Ventura at 7 p.m.
At this meeting, voting will be conducted for the 2011 Executive Board. At the time of the elections, nominations from the floor by Participating Members will also be accepted for the election. To qualify for nomination and election as the Regional Commissioner, the nominee must have served in a capacity as a Board Member for the previous two years. Participating members must attend at least one board meeting other than the annual coaches meeting during the regular season to be eligible to vote in an election.
The current ballot/nominations for these positions are as follows.
Visit our website at www.ayso39.org
- Nicolas Esquivel, Regional Commissioner
- Melissa Lopez, Child & Volunteer Protection Advocate
- Lauren Doenges, Registrar
- Kim Slane, Treasurer
- Bruce Doenges, Recording Secretary
- Bruce Doenges, Corresponding Secretary
- Philip Poulsen, Regional Coach Administrator
- Eric Gates, Regional Referee Administrator
COACH SAFE HAVEN & REGIONAL REFEREE CLINIC
Saturday, February 19th, 2010
Time: Starts at 7:45 a.m. and ends at approximately 4 p.m.
Location: AYSO Office, 1802 Eastman Ave, Suite 113, Ventura
Cost: No cost to you. Lunch will be provided.
This is the perfect opportunity for you to get the training and take advantage of the relaxed atmosphere of our Spring League to hone your skills in preparation for the Fall 2011 Season.High school students can use this opportunity to satisfy any community service requirements they have.
AYSO is a 100% volunteer organization. Our children get to play only because volunteers give of their time. Spring Soccer is a great time to try coaching and/or refereeing, or assist in other necessary duties. We will be TENTATIVELY holding a Coach Safe Haven Course and a Referee Clinic on February 19th at the AYSO Office, 1802 Eastman Ave, Suite 113, Ventura. Final determination will be posted on our website by January. Spring Soccer is the perfect time for you to learn the game and develop your skills so you will be ready for the fall. Coaches are encouraged to attend even if not refereeing!